View Single Post
Old 06-05-2018, 11:39 AM   #77
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Let's have a little contest. I'll donate a $1 for every insult Clinton made and you donate $.25 for every insult Trump made and we'll net the 2 and the proceeds can be donated to charity.
I don't doubt I'd lose that bet between those two.

But if you extended that bet to cover all politicians, all influential talking heads in the media, and college campuses? I'd be a trillionaire.

Paul, when Bush destroyed the democrats by implementing the Surge (which the Dems opposed, and which worked amazingly well, which made them look like idiots), that's when the democrats stopped talking like adults, and started hitting below the belt. It started with Bush Derangement Syndrome, and continued through the 2008 and 2012 elections.

The Democrats are very good at slinging mud and at yellow journalism, it propelled them to victory in 08 and 12. So it's no surprise that the GOP found someone who is quite at home fighting dirty, and who is what better at it than they are.

He is beating them, clobbering them, at their own game. And they are going berserk, because they have nothing left. If Trump woke up and said "two plus two is four", the entire media would say "the hell it is!!" That's how crazy they are.

The results speak for themselves, in terms of political victories and TV ratings. Couldn't be more clear.

Look at what liberalism has done to our state's economy. And the democrats want to raise taxes and spend more. Even in CT, people are waking up. The democrats lead in the house has decreased from 60+ seats to 7, and the senate is tied, and Malloy is a national laughingstock.

Compare that to Nashville and the Carolinas, where they literally cannot build $450,000 houses fast enough. People see it.