Thread: aquariums...
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2006, 01:03 AM   #17
teaser
Wave Jumper

Since you're looking for a bow front tank you are not talking glass.

You are now venturing into the world of acrylic, as acrylic is very friendly to use it is also a royal pain to care for.

If you own a boat with a windshield (center concole, etc.) 99% of them are made of acrylic so you know how easy that scratches.

Well it is twice as easy to scratch up an acrylic tank, everytime you move the decorations inside and especially when you clean the growth off the glass.

As stated before you would be better off with at least a 55 gallon tank, cichlids now ... maybe saltwater later!

I have had tanks from 5 gallons to 200 gallons, mostly glass but a few acrylics that I can say other than for the ease of shaping it, it wasn't as nice as the glass for detering scratches.

Also mentioned about the room in a tank ... very good suggestion! The more room you have the healthier the fish will be as cramped quarters can make fish ill, the bigger the tank the bigger the fish will get as fish only grow according to the space they have (in most cases).

Have a really good filter such as the Fluval 300 series and you'll have one hell of a clean tank, keep up with you PH levels and you'll have very healthy fish too.

Just my .02 worth, Good Luck!

Insanity is a long and winding road ... I think I finally made it there.
teaser is offline   Reply With Quote