Thread: WWHD
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2016, 11:19 PM   #102
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I'm not sure narcissist is an appropriate label for Hillary, though it's a nobrainer for Trump.

There was a great article I read a few months ago about the other story with Clinton's emails...that they revealed she was a genuine and caring person with a sense of responsibility of those she worked with...that's not the trait of a narcissist, quite the opposite..
The book I referred to regarding Hilary's narcissism is I KNOW BEST: HOW MORAL NARCISSISM IS DESTROYING OUR REPUBLIC, IF IT HASN'T ALREADY by Roger L. Simon.

Simon summarizes moral narcissism as: "Ideas and theories and ideology … that people attach themselves to to such a degree that they define themselves because they believe in those ideas. And it doesn’t matter at all if those ideas work out in the real world; it’s how those ideas work out theoretically and are approved of by the masses."

He shows how the phenomenon has grown politically, on both sides of the aisle. And he specifically pointed out in an interview that Hilary is a moral narcissist, and that Trump is not, rather that he is just the classical non-ideological narcissist. Which, in Simon's opinion, makes Trump less of a danger than Hilary because the moral narcissist identifies self with ideology. So she, being a narcissist, will not bend from that ideology which defines her no matter how evident it is that her ideas don't work. It is the steadfast love of herself as identified by her ideology, her brand of morality, that must be maintained no matter the consequences. Whereas Trump, not being a moral narcissist, not being an ideologue, can be flexible in politics and change course when it is needed.

When you say it is not the trait of a narcissist to be "a genuine and caring person with a sense of responsibility of those she worked with.." you're not understanding that a moral narcissist can be genuine and caring and responsible to those she works with, especially if they hold the same ideology, and if they help her promote her ideas. But, regardless if she's all nicey-nice, a genuine and caring person with a sense of responsibility toward those she worked with or not, that has no bearing on her moral narcissism. No bearing whatsoever on her steadfast loyalty to her own self-identified ideology, no matter, again, what consequences may follow.

And, besides, there are articles that show Trump to be "a genuine and caring person with a sense of responsibility of those [h]e worked with..." Does that mean he is not a narcissist. Certainly not a moral narcissist.

And further besides, there are SEVERAL articles in which she is a nasty uncaring bitch toward those she worked with.

Last edited by detbuch; 07-04-2016 at 11:33 PM..