View Single Post
Old 11-22-2021, 06:12 PM   #35
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Why? Wasn't a gay slur. What I meant is that if you're in a very high-level government position (being in the Cabinet counts), and there's a for-real crisis in your area, you don't ignore it because you're on paternity leave. In times of national crisis, the needs of the country come before his desire for paternity leave, and that priority is not for everybody, which is why those jobs aren't for everybody. If you choose that job, there's responsibility that comes with it. He doesn't want the responsibility, he just wants to get invited to the best parties.

Spence, I was in favor of gay marriage when the state of California (!!) rejected it, when Obama and Hilary both said they were opposed to it for religious reasons. I didn't jump on the bandwagon just because it became fashionable
I was stationed with a guy on my ship, we left on a 6 month deployment, his daughter was born 3 days after we left. He left with us, missed the birth, missed her first smile, didn’t get to see her until she was 4 months old (wife flew out and met the ship in Spain and surprised him). A lot of stories like that.

Glad Mayor Pete got to go out trick or treating with the fam while the US shipping ports ground to a halt

He took on a very important role, he needed to show the #^&#^&#^&#^& up, he failed
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."