Thread: Poison Ivy!!!
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2006, 05:35 AM   #18
Mr. Sandman

If you have it real bad go to the doctor and get the shot containing the steroid. This will clear it up pronto. If you don't it can get out of control when all at PI juice starts oozing it spreads and then that starts to ooze. If you know you just touched it or had it rub against your leg use the over the counter stuff. I keep a bottle of tecnu my outdoor shower and a perscription tube of the steroid at the house and this keeps is in control. I seem to have it all the time.

A couple times I had it really bad. One time when I was younger I will NEVER forget. Face and eyes so sollen they were completely shut, had all over my crotch and crack area to the point of puss oozing out of everywhere. I looked like a friggin lepper. I was in the hospital for a couple days. I was on some kind of steroid and taking baths with oatmeal (very soothing actually). I was a mess for a nearly a month. Nowadays I try to avoid it but it seems all summer I get it. Thank GOD not this bad. (the other time I was in the dunes with a girl on Fire Island and well....you can figure out the rest)

Get a tube of the steroid from the doc and keep it in your house or in your vehicle.

PI is got to be the work of the devil, who else would create such a nasty plant.
Mr. Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote