View Single Post
Old 03-12-2011, 06:24 PM   #118
Chesapeake Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I think you went a bit off the thracks there Bill
First, If you read previous posts you can see that I am not pro or anti union. In many cases they are just as greedy as large corporations and the leaders who run them. I consider McD's a large greedy corporation. A corporation that supports leaders only to gain favors such as exemptions from health care. Given their options they would pay their employees garbage. You can't blame them. They are capitalists. The same way you can't blame people for wanting more wages and benefits. Each uses the tactics they feel will get them to that end. Look at the NFL and the "union" (if you can call it that). Both are positioning to gain maximum economic advantage regardless of what they bring to the table.

Secondly, you fail to address the point that not all unions are bad. Nowhere did I try and defend the union activists any more than I tried to defend the governor. My personal opinion is that both sides are so polarized it really does not matter what anyone thinks.

Third, you keep throwing stats on North Carolina that show it has business potential. Why would I argue that. If you allow businesses to run rampant over their employees and give them lots of tax breaks of course it will look as though it is a great place to go as a business. I didn't see a stat that showed it was a leader in job development (just potential).

Your turn to continue gathering the lions...