View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 01:08 PM   #142
mosholu
Mosholu

Quote:
Originally Posted by numbskull View Post
Fascinating spectacle. I haven't liked Chelsea since the days of Jimmy Floyd and Zola ended, but I like Dimatteo and want to see him do well. I've also gotten a bit tired of Barcelona. As amazing as their players are their passing and possession dominance forces other teams into a shell and the game becomes stagnant.
Barca very much remind me of an Arsene Wenger team (with obviously better players at present) in that there is no plan B to the offense. If they can not play their one touch game they have no other way to score. What happens is you blow out 95% of the teams you play but when you get to the critical games that you must win against solid defensive clubs you get frustrated and the play goes from side to side endlessly. In the second half Alves tried putting some corners in but hardly anyone on Barca is close to or over 6 foot so Chelsea dealt with them with not much stress. Why they did not try shooting from the top of the box is a question but it goes back to your point that they only know one way to play.
Once again Terry shows himself to be a complete mug and may be the first man in history to cause his team to lose two CL finals. Glad to see Torres get a goal as I think he is a class player. Finally, Ramires is showing himself to be a real force and may be the center of that team in years to come.
mosholu is offline   Reply With Quote