View Single Post
Old 08-25-2015, 02:36 PM   #22
Jackbass
Land OF Forgotten Toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
yep....and those that thought he couldn't.....were wrong.

never misunderestimate the stupidity of the American People
The issue is it really has little to do with the American people. Just the way it is.

Under our current system the Electors choose the U.S. President. 537 delegates from across the U.S. Choose the POTUS. These delegates are nominated at state conventions for their respective parties. Generally chosen because of contribution to that party(in this day and age I am more than certain that contribution comes monetarily) judging by the one name I know from the list of MA delegates from 2012. These individuals do not fall in line with the populace rather the pols and the interests supporting them.

Hence the money game. What happens is these individuals that will be nominated are the individuals most easily bought by the super pacs and those heavily connected within party lines. That is why I have been saying while sanders may have noble intentions, while Trump may want who make America Great Again. Their message may be heard by the people but at the end of the day the interests that control the USA will not have a person elected that will not fall in line with what they want. So yes Obama won the popular vote in 2012 and 2008 the people were idiots and dazzled by Oprah and Hope and Change etc. at the end of the day Obama won because he said yes more often than anyone else when the super pacs came knocking with money in hand. Our vote for the POTUS means nothing. As evidenced in 2000 when GW won but lost the popular vote. Our votes on the local and national level count more to hope and change than any single vote for POTUS we could ever cast.

The best thing we could do as a people is vote in a pile of trumps and Sanders into the house and the Senate.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

I am the man in the Bassless Chaps