Thread: Chansley
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2021, 04:28 PM   #41
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Perhaps you can explain what the goal of smashing her way in and crawling through a broken window was?

I don't have the power you seem to think you have of reading minds. Where do you get the notion that she was trying to "overthrow Democracy"? That's a very tall order. She was going to get rid of Democracy . . . by breaking through a window . . . unarmed? I'm fairly confident that Democracy would still be solidly around had she not been shot. So, what her specific, personal, goal was, I don't really know. And she's not available to answer that. From what the rioters seem to claim, they were trying to "stop the steal." It seems that they believed that Democracy was "overthrown" by election fraud. So it seems that in their minds they were trying to restore Democracy.

And there were probably other types who just wanted to create chaos for other reasons, political or ideological, from the "left" and "right."

Every one of the protesters would shoot me if I broke their door or window and was climbing through. Find me one who would not have stood their ground. I’ll wait.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Wait forever if that floats your boat. I haven't commented on whether she should have been, or deserved to be, shot. You, obviously, think she should have been shot and that she deserved it.

I don't have a strong opinion on that. It seemed to me to be a bit of an overreaction. But I don't have enough info to make any claims on whether she should or shouldn't have been shot. I kind of go along with Jim's supposition that if the officer were white and she were black, the left would probably have made a fuss about it. Maybe not. Woulda, coulda, shoulda.