View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 01:15 PM   #9
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike P View Post
I wasn't around when the Bishop shooting happened, but in fairness to Delahunt, it sounds like the police botched that investigation from the outset.

There isn't a lot that a DA can do to salvage a botched investigation, as they have to turn over every piece of paper prepared by every cop involved to the defense. Sometimes, they have to make a determination whether there is any hope of getting a conviction before they spend the resources on a prosecution where reasonable doubt exists from the get-go.

The only witness to the shooting was the mother of the two, and she was going with "accident", from what I've read.

Every politician who has ever been a DA has a Bishop-like skeleton somewhere in their past.

This is one of the reasons why the staties (CPAC) are in charge of every death regardless of the circumstances now. You still can't convince me that Delahunt never had any conversation with anyone about why she wasn't charge. Delahunt ultimately is the leading law enforcement officer in that county, and it falls on his plate. The officers should have had more backbone and told the chief to take a hike when that call was made.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman