View Single Post
Old 12-01-2016, 04:53 PM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeD View Post
Does anyone fish on this site?

Jim, your boy issued corporate welfare, this will only embolden every other corporation to threaten moving jobs to gain the same breaks. Obama didnt pick up the phone because its an insanely shortsighted economic move that wingnuts will share on facebook and feel great about. Trump promised to save the 2100 jobs that were threatened, he accomplished less than half and set a horrible precedent. Jesus, why is it so hard to see this man is a snake oil salesman. Goldman Sachs now runs your treasury. Way to drain the swamp.
Trump is my boy now? I doubt you'd find anyone as honestly critical of him as me.

"this will only embolden every other corporation to threaten moving jobs to gain the same breaks"

True, but MAYBE only until Trump (and the GOP congress) create a pro-business climate, whereby companies don't have the incentives to leave in the first place. If Trump gets in, and (1) cuts the corporate tax rate, and (2) imposes stiff tariffs for companies that leave, then the necessity of these incentives is reduced, correct?

That's what Trump wants to do - create an atmosphere where companies have a disincentive to leave. Apply that disincentive equally to all companies. Then, we don't need to offer tax breaks to save jobs.