View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 10:57 AM   #6
Flaptail

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFish View Post
In that same vein.....define "perfect art of lure building for fish catching sake"? Just to clarify? Each of us has a different thought process when we build our plugs. First and foremost.....I build BigFish plugs with great action.....that is my priority! After I have achieved the desired action...then it is fun time and I like to paint my lures with a certain degree of realism and just a little creativity! I believe fish hit the action of a plug above all else and the paint I also believe is 80% for the fisherman......but a realistic/attractive lure also instills confidence in the person fishing it and that is also a goal. Do I need gill slits? Beveled eye sockets? Eyes at all??? Fancy joints? Scaled paint schemes?? Probably not but that is what drives me to build...the creative process at its best......and maybe....to do something different than anyone else.

PlugFest is supposed to represent many things I think! Creativity, catchability, the sharing of ideas and theory....and most of all a bond between us all. Not to mention the pure enjoyment of all of those things. Some do spectacular work, others are brand new to it and there is a spectrum of talent in between one and the other. I try not to take much of it too seriously....I just try to have fun with all of it.
Larry, your actually are made to catch fish, they are "lures". Real honest to God fish catching lures. Sure you can have scale paint etc, I love that kind of stuff but they are first and foremost fish catchers. If I took one of yours to the beach it would do what it is supposed to do. Thats my point.

Why even try.........
Flaptail is offline   Reply With Quote