View Single Post
Old 10-25-2017, 11:06 AM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
General Kelly lied about what she said (and why would he even need to bring that speach up as it had nothing to do with the soldier). Don't anyone hold their breath for an apology.

Was this the "have you no decency" moment?
As for not remembering the soldier's name...if that happened (and we don't know if it did, do we?), that doesn't surprise me at all with Trump. He, of all presidents, should probably not be making these calls, he's too prone to being offensive.

But Paul, a lot of hay is being made about Trump's saying "he knew what he signed up for". He meant that as a compliment for Christ's sake. But they can't treat Trump fairly, it's not possible.

I'd be critical of Obama for mis-remembering a name. And I'm critical of Trump for it.

"She hasn't called anyone a POS like you have". No, but she called Kelly a racist. For an expression (empty barrels make the most noise) that she was too stupid to comprehend.

"attack the messenger" - this particular messenger deserves attacking. She took a compliment that Trump paid the man, and used it as a club against him for political reasons. Wilson is lower than dogsh*t. Trump tried to pay a condolence call, that's all he did. His chief of staff advsed him not to make these calls, but he feels obligated to do so. That's not a character flaw. Trump has a lot of flaws. This isn't one of them. Wilson is exploiting the widow's agony to attack Trump.

"General Kelly lied about what she said". He was wrong about what she said. Lying involves intent. You can read his mind? She made a self-congratulatory statement at a building dedicated to slain FDBI agents. He thought she bragged about getting funding, when in fact she bragged about naming the building. But he absolutely deserves criticism for getting it wrong. And Wilson absolutely belongs in a nuthouse.