View Single Post
Old 03-18-2007, 12:09 PM   #7
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripersnipr View Post
So if Bush had fired 93 fp's at the beginning of his term and let a few of them clean out their desks for a few months we wouldn't be seeing this uproar? I don't think so.
Well, considering there is quite a precident, I don't think you can just state this for partisanship alone. These firings coming at this time, just after the mid-term election is from what I've read is more than a bit unusual.

This ordeal is about how the Administration has tried to cover up the political influences in these decisions. There is amazingly enough much hard evidence in this case detailing the political decision process, which completely contradicts what was told publicly.

Many members of Congress are stating they were intentionally misled, and potentially were lied to under oath. Even Republican members of Congress are up in arms and a few now calling for Gonzales to resign.

The Administration has brought this upon themselves. Had they just come clean once the issue started to stink they could have probably gotten through this without all that much harm.

But they tried to brush it off with some misdirection at first, then have changed their story several times since.

Those claiming this is a partisan attack with no substance (like Skip) are either uninformed or ignoring the facts.

-spence