Thread: IG Report
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 11:01 AM   #81
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"We do not have an open border"

we have, what, ten million undocumented people living here? A few years ago, a kid running for Congress, went to Mexico, and he crossed illegally back into the US, riding on an elephant, with a mariachi band walking with him, and he made it across (so the story goes). Effectively, it's open.

"What do you think people learn in prison? "

Nothing good. But they can't hurt civilians while in there, and that's at least a big part of why they are there.

"Do they learn useful skills that help them succeed in society?"

Probably not. If you want to spend some of my money to improve the programs to teach them marketable skills, I'm fine with that, if the programs work. I don't like spending money just to say you spent it.

"Why do you think white people do not commit crimes?"

For the same reason that Asian immigrants don't commit a lot of crimes. It has nothing to do with race, and everything to do with the culture that people embrace. Whites and Asians tend to embrace traditional family values and the value of education. Blacks and Hispanics (with encouragement from liberalism, in my opinion) tend to embrace a culture that encourages different, less productive, decision-making.

"Don't forget Trump was very impressed by Duterte's war on drugs, that killed thousands of people, would you go along with that if he attempted that here"

No, I'm opposed to the death penalty, but I'm in favor of brutal prison sentences for drug dealers.
Jim, there is an open border between each of the united states. I cannot just drive to Canada or Mexico without going thru Customs, nor can I fly to any country.
Anecdotal evidence is the populists response to issues. Rush and Bernie have been saving the world from all sorts of evils thru the media for years by citing anecdotal evidence.
People do enter this country illegally by crossing the border and also by overstaying their visas, like your friend. If you overstay your visa you have to wait three years to reapply.
We spend 50-60K a year per prison inmate to educate our prison inmates in how to be a better criminal.
We have the highest rate of recidivism in the world and you think that is the way to go?
Is it possible that the portion of the population that has the highest rate of incarceration continues to have higher and higher rates because of incarceration's effect on their culture?
You are incorrect about hispanics and rate of incarceration, it is much lower than blacks. But that would not fit into the evil Mexican image.
We have spent almost the last 50 years in a war on drugs and have made no headway.
We tried brutal sentences.
We have also let the Big Pharma create a whole new series of addicts, who then support the illegal sources.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin