Thread: Ralph Peters?
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2018, 05:35 AM   #29
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
sounds like your suffering from stockholm syndrome
"57 percent of tax savings will go to shareholders, compared to 20 percent directed to job creation and capital investment and 6 percent to workers"

I never said citizens are getting most of the savings. I said most of us are getting something. I didn't get a bonus at Liberty Mutual. But my pay went up, because my tax rate went down. Do you understand? I don't know a single person at my company, whose paycheck didn't increase, thanks to tax reform.

WDMSO, you have a pension, correct? Some of that pension, surely, is invested in stocks and bonds. So if the companies you own are more profitable, that's good for your pension, which is good for you. Maybe you don't care, because even if all those investments tank, you expect taxpayers to make that up, so maybe you don't care where your gains come from. But believe me, it does matter.

Your pension, if you live long enough, will pay out a lot more than you put into it. You need investment income, to fund the difference.

You seem to think that if companies become more profitable, that only benefits wealthy people. That's not even close to being true. Just because every cent didn't go to the rank-and-file, doesn't mean they don't benefit.

"only to some people"

Naturally. Has there ever been a Supreme Court pick who everyone approved of? WHen Obama nominated the racist maniac Sonia Sotomayor, did everyone approve, or only some people? The people who voted for Trump, are thrilled with Gorsuch.

"sounds like your suffering from stockholm syndrome"

Stockholm Syndrome is when you become attached to your tormentor. Trump nominated a Supreme Court pick who actually believes that the constitution matters, and he is putting $200 a month more in my pocket, which will exactly pay for the little camper I just bought for my family, which we cannot wait to start enjoying together, and creating lifelong memories of time spent together. If that's your idea of 'torment', then Trump can torment me all he wants. Bring on the abuse!