View Single Post
Old 07-12-2019, 09:43 AM   #8
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
i’m not believing trump. i’m believing the stock market returns, published unemployment numbers, published gdp numbers. is trump
somehow getting fake numbers published?
What fake numbers are you talking about? I said "Stocks are hitting record highs and layoffs and unemployment are at 50-year lows." Or do you refer to them as fake unemployment numbers that Trump claimed were phony till he was elected, that henceforth became true?

You’re the one irrationally believing fanatics - those who simply cannot bring themselves to say anything good. because orange man bad.

i’m responding to actual facts. Which of the facts I cited are incorrect?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
you’re talking about the Phillips Curve, the belief that at some point, low unemployment causes runaway inflation which can be countered by lowering interest rates.
How does that relate to anything I wrote?

here’s a video, where AOC of all people, gets Fed Chair Powell to say very explicitly, that the link between low unemployment and inflation is much weaker than we had thought. son not sure where you’re getting that the fed is worried about the economy. other than orange man bad, that is...

so who are you believing, exactly, when you say the fed is worried about the health of our economy?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I think you have some kind of AOC syndrome, you certainly are infatuated with her.

As to who I'm believing, try these guys.

Fed chairman Jerome Powell has pointed to a number of national surveys as evidence business confidence took a hit recently, particularly in May after President Donald Trump threatened to impose tariffs on Mexican imports unless his demands about tougher immigration enforcement were met.

The tariffs were not levied, but “it was a bit of a confidence shock" Powell told the Senate Banking Committee on July 11th.

In Albany, New York Thursday, New York Fed President John Williams, added his voice in support of a rate cut, citing uncertainties around trade and global growth and soft inflation. “The arguments, for adding policy accommodation have strengthened over time.”

Fed Governor Lael Brainard, in a separate appearance in Scranton, Pennsylvania, piled on. “Taking into account the downside risks at a time when inflation is on the soft side would argue for softening the expected path of monetary policy according to basic principles of risk management,” she told a community banking group.

Perhaps you can explain why the Fed might cut rates, instead of just claiming your hero (who you don't really like) is a stable genius?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin