View Single Post
Old 02-18-2016, 04:56 PM   #34
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Most deaths from murders are people of the same race or ethnic back ground

Black kill blacks Whites kill whites Hispanics kill Hispanics

and Musulims kill Muslims ( not a race )

occasionally these groups kill people outside their circle and the % is so tiny...

But the Fear that it is going to Happen YOU is Just unrealistic

But its reinforced By propaganda not facts . and the un informed run with it

“Since 9/11, foreign-inspired terrorism has claimed about two dozen lives in the United States. (Meanwhile, more than 100,000 have been killed in gun homicides and more than 400,000 in motor-vehicle accidents.) “
"“Since 9/11"

Convenient to start tracking this, the day after 09/11...I bet that if you excluded all the days when there were terrorist attacks, the number of people killed by terrorists would be pretty darn low.

"But the Fear that it is going to Happen YOU is Just unrealistic "

True, for now. And in 1943, the chances of an American civilian being killed by the Nazis or the Japanese was also pretty low. But we were at war then (as we are now), and we had to deal with it.

Also, I'm not worried about a low-level crook in my town getting a nuclear weapon. We need to prevent jihadists from getting one, because if they did, they would use it 10 seconds later.

Street crime happens. But street criminals haven't dcelared war on the law-abiding.

I don't think anyone who wants to be aggressive against jihadists, has ever hinted that we don't also need to be vigilant about everyday, garden-variety street crime. The problem is, liberals are as wrong on how to deal with domestic crime (assume it goes away with gun restrictions, blame white people, and throw money at the problem, and tell the criminals that it isn't their fault), as they are on how to deal with terrorists (pretend the problem doesn't exist).