Thread: Detriot
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 04:49 PM   #22
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
During the 70's the cars were crap and in the 80's the Japanese were kicking our butts in automotive manufacturing......wasn't GM on the verge of bankruptcy in the early 80's?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

All through the 1970s & 80 yes yes American cars were becoming more & more of pieces of crap, I know as I grew up in a repair garage starting in the late 1960s and have been fixing them for about 40 years, but they were still selling in big numbers.
I know my grandfather's & father's generations would never own a foreign (more specific a Jap) car from living & serving through ww2.
Also, the 1970s, foreign (more specific Jap) cars were junk.
All through the 1980s our shop was filled with American cars with the occasional foreign car.
Through the 1990s a bit less American ( although Ford has always stayed strong) & more foreign, and more & more the foreign cars are much eaisier to work on, more specific Jap cars.
Now 2013, I couldn't tell you the last time I fixed a GM or Chrysler/Dodge and we still fix our share of Fords.
GM & Chrysler are DONE in this country and have no one but themselves (and their UAW) to blame !
Kia & Hyundai kick their ass in sales & quality !!!

LETS GO BRANDON