View Single Post
Old 02-27-2019, 09:21 AM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
It is unclear how this bill might affect situations where parents decline, for medically appropriate reasons, to have their newborns resuscitated. The threat of criminal prosecution does not enhance anyone’s medical care.
No, it's not unclear to people who aren't blinded by politically-induced hatred. The doctors would be required to care for the baby, or face criminal charges. That's not very ambiguous to me, it's pretty clear.

"Having a child born to die on his or her birthday is a unique tragedy. "

Agreed.

A baby that clearly has minutes to live is one thing. A baby that is potentially viable is another thing.

This tragically unfortunate doctor experienced one scenario. Naturally, since this is the one scenario that paints the bill in its most useless light, that's the scenario that the Times publishes. There are many other possible scenarios.

I saw an abortion survivor on TV last night, who as a result of the botched abortion, lives with cerebral palsy. When that baby was born, and the mom is told the abortion failed to kill the baby and now she has cerebral palsy to boot, but is strong enough to survive...in that scenario, should the mom and doctor be allowed to kill the baby?

You posted one specific scenario, but there are others. Please address my specific scenario.

The democratic party isn't just wrong, they are becoming satanic.