View Single Post
Old 02-28-2019, 02:44 PM   #25
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Spence will say we took it all out of context or some such gibberish. But if liberals believe it, and presumably they do, he will tell you it's brilliant.
I don't see how this is much different than taking someone off of life support under professional medical care. A doctor wouldn't allow it unless the chances of survival were very low or there were other very serious circumstances.

Quote:
Paul is more thoughtful and responsive, but he's avoiding this too.
Funny, I was out working for the economy and listening to nascar engines.

Quote:
Carrying a baby with significant defects and you are told the baby will only survive minutes, is one thing. Liberals make it sound like it's the only thing. It's not. I posted a link to an interview with a woman who survived a late term abortion, she is a healthy beautiful adult woman now. So some babies who survive late term abortion, are viable.
Current law wouldn't allow for her abortion today unless there was a legitimate medical reason.

Quote:
The GOP law would require that those babies be cared for. The Senate democrats blocked it.
See above.

Quote:
Can I assume that means, that if a baby survives a late term abortion and is viable, which we know happens, is it acceptable to just let that baby die?
If viability is established there would be no abortion. See above.

Quote:
They won't answer.
I just did.

Quote:
I assume they won't answer because the answer to my question is "yes", and they can't admit it or try to defend it, because it's indefensible.
Jim, sometimes a non-viable birth happens and the family wants to spend a few moments before death. Under the Senate bill a doctor would/could go to jail if they didn't take the infant away for medical care. This proposal is a political stunt.

Quote:
But it's precisely where that party is headed, because all they care about, is differentiating themselves from Trump as much as possible, no matter how bizarre or ugly the space is where they go. Whatever Trump says he believes, they reflexively claim that the noble belief is whatever belief is as far away from Trump's position as humanly possible, in the left direction.

Quote:
Trump says babies are, in general, a good thing? The hell they are! Let's celebrate late term abortions for any reason! Let's block bills that say we have to care for babies after they are born! Let's have our new leader, Alexandria Cortez, say that young people should question if it's moral to have babies!
Nobody is saying let's celebrate late term abortions for any reason, it's not the law, it's not public opinion and I don't think it's the position of any US politician.

Like I said, you don't seem to understand most of this.