View Single Post
Old 12-03-2019, 05:39 PM   #57
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
That assumption is why he thought it should be reported, others concurred, some thought it was criminal.
What was supposed to happen per the law to a whistleblowers report deemed reportable by the officials having jurisdiction?
I don't know that the intel community has the jurisdiction to report to Congress on phone calls by the President:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo

In any case, I would think that what should be reported is actual criminal activity, not suppositions of why. The report, if the officials had the jurisdiction to report it to Congress, should have been strictly on the basis of the right and wrong of delaying the aid. And probably, in my opinion, only after having consulted with the President about what he was doing and objecting or discussing after that whether that it was or was not proper. But the basis of the report should, in my opinion, been the whistleblowers concern strictly on the actual what, not on the opinion of why. The why, without direct evidence, which the whistleblower did not have, would be strictly personal assumption which is something amounting more to spin than fact.

Last edited by detbuch; 12-03-2019 at 05:51 PM..