View Single Post
Old 10-23-2008, 09:54 AM   #23
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
I am a Catholic and a Member of the Knights of Columbus........I also realize that God gave me a brain for a reason.....and that is to think and make my OWN Decisions....whether they be good or bad. (and trust me, I've made some bad ones in my life)
Dad and Nebe, God is one thing, religion is another.
There is no menu on the Catholic religion. Its all or nothing, not my laws, its the Catholics. I went to catholic school since I was 2nd grade and catholic high school. I do not follow their religion now. However, the law is law.
Not for me to judge, how can you be a catholic and not believe what a catholic is? American catholics like to think they have choice, but thats not the case, its black and white.

Vatican City (LifeNews.com) -- The Catholic Church has produced a new document for bishops across the world to examine that says Catholics who support legalized abortion should refrain from taking communion because they are out of step with church teachings.
The Vatican said pro-abortion Catholics are not taking their faith seriously and those who take communion and support abortion are behaving in a scandalous manner.

"Some receive communion while denying the teachings of the Church or publicly supporting immoral choices in life, such as abortion, without thinking that they are committing an act of grave personal dishonesty and causing scandal," the document says.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all