Thread: What a shame
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2016, 11:46 AM   #40
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Everyone says Trump is crazy and that he won't be able to get things done and can't work with people . He has single-handedly brought down the media and showed them to be the fraud they are . He has taken on the establishment in Washington and proved the corruption that we all knew was there. He has taken on the GOP and show them to be the fraud they are while beating the best they had to offer .
He has taken on Hillary Clinton and the corrupt Democratic Party and I believe in the end will beat her .
Not directed at you ,but tell me again how he can't get things done.
I think he just might be crazy enough to put America back on track . .
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Jeez I hope you're right (that he wins), but I wouldn't bet on it.

Trump was born a trust fund baby, and maybe in his world, people let him get away with being vulgar and offensive because those people knew they needed his money. Clearly, that doesn't carry over into national politics, and he has been unwilling (or unable) to respond to the fact that being so overtly crass on national TV, is hurting him more than it helps him. That he can't address that issue, doesn't say anything good about him.

I am of the opinion that Hilary is at least as wretched of a human being (probably much more so), but in a different way (not as obviously obnoxious, but more deeply immoral). But I don't work in politics for a living, and I know that Trump is hurting his own chances by being such an ass. You can clobber your opponent without being so obnoxious about it, like Newt Gingrich would do.

At this point, I'd be happy if we lost the Presidency but kept control of Congress. The Senate has a lot more GOP seats up for re-election than Democrat seats, and with a guy this polarizing, we could be handing them the Senate too.