Thread: Knox trial
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2011, 06:00 PM   #18
mosholu
Mosholu

I think it is true that we will never really know if she did it. What I can say is that all through the process she has not told the truth about what did go on that night. The simple fact that her story and the one from the bf did not match up in anyway was odd as was her behavior during the early days of the case. The bungled police investigation left enough wiggle room for any good team of lawyers to get her off.
The case has left me with two issues to ponder:
Have we come to a point where after all these CSI type shows where the forensic evidence is used to show with certainty the guilt of one party or another that the bar of proof has been raised very high and juries are unwilling to convict unless they see the type and quality of evidence that they see on these types of programs? Is doubt replacing reasonable doubt as the standard of proof?
Secondly, if you are her parents, although you love your child to death and would move heaven and earth to set them free are you not left with a scintilla of doubt about her innocence after going through all that evidence?