View Single Post
Old 10-04-2016, 07:44 AM   #18
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Although Presidents have the last word, they usually rely on their advisers on various issues. Trump has always consulted experts in his business dealings, rather then merely relying on his own judgment. Although he does like to take credit for what others have done for him. I strongly suspect he would do the same as President. I'd think that Hillary would do the same. Though she was more personally in charge of her affairs as SecState. There's no strong evidence that she was successful at that. Could she pull off another "successful" Russian reset?

And as a "charlatan," Trump could lull Putin into agreements with the confidence that Trump is an unserious fool. All the while, however, gaining advantage for the U.S. Sort of another way of making a deal. Sort of being dumb as a fox.
I have no reason to believe that Trump would be any better than the low bar Obama set for picking advisors, let alone the low bar of actually listening to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
don't forget Ted Kennedy ...and that was apparently not a problem...Spence could probably explain how it was brilliant and an asset in fact...
Two wrongs don't improve a doofus

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
well, Spence assured us that everything Obama was doing with regard to Russia, Syria, Iran, China was actually part of a masterful plan so complex and brilliant that none of us could possibly understand the brilliance or complexity....seems to be working out so well he'll masterfully leave a huge mess for his successor to "inherit" (miles of irony there) not to mention the eminent collapse of his "signature achievement" Obamacare....and.... I think the seas are still rising.....but I hear his golf game has improved....don't know how..I've seen his stroke....you'd think with that much practice????
Obama has been the worst foreign policy president since maybe Johnson.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming: