View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 09:26 AM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlite View Post
Was a worthwhile adaptation of book
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I'd say your review was pretty accurate. The story was so incredible, that even a less-than-perfect movie adaptation would be more than worthwhile. That being said, it left me wanting. Here are some of my complaints redlite, and be warned that this may warrant a spoiler alert...

How does the movie fail to mention that Lt Murphy was awarded the Medal Of Honor, how do you completely exclude the scene at Luttrell's ranch when the community gathered there for days? Why show a scene that shows Luttrell leaving the village under his own power (minutes after being strong enough to stab someone to death), then all of a sudden he's flat-lining on a hospital table?

The director did a pretty good job. But this was a once-in-a-generation story that should have been so good, that it would be overwhelming to talk about.

That being said, I did weep during the final scene. And this was the only time in my life where the entire audience erupted in thunderous applause at the end.

I give it an A-. It could have been off-the-charts good. The movie was the equivalent of catching a 40 pound striper out of a school of 50 pounders.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 01-11-2014 at 09:36 AM..
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote