View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 07:29 PM   #5
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
scan you define for me a "green job"?...

hey, you are getting awfully close to the big day right?...
A month or so to go.

The problem I see in all the above is blah blah van jones is evil blah blah , and I never mentioned him. That original quote I pulled from your post is what caught my eye.
I never defended the green czar or the special interest groups

to me, rirock's ad hoc definition, a green job is any job that includes but is not limited to: cleaning up environmental messes/contamination created in years and decades past; alternative energy construction, design, production etc; any job that works towards energy efficiency and savings, including production of products, design services at a small product scale up through building efficient structures and at the largest scale towns. I can probably think of more, but not right now, I'm tired from a long day offshore yesterday.

I don't believe in the argument that cap and trade a death marks for the economy, period, so to me that isn't a good argument. Again, personal; opinion based on many of the reasons I wrote in my first post in this thread; many of these jobs are created as a supplement for now (years to decade or more) not a replacement.

Let me ask this; are you a fan of our Republican Governor's push for offshore wind to eventually be 15+% of the states energy? One of his largest selling point is JOB CREATION in RI.

Last edited by RIROCKHOUND; 09-09-2009 at 07:34 PM..

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"