View Single Post
Old 10-22-2021, 10:12 AM   #10
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
i don’t think ones feelings towards the media have anything to do with whether or not ones an authoritarian.

conservatives want less intrusion from government, more individual freedoms.
Conservatism is the domination of society by an aristocracy.
Conservatism is incompatible with democracy, prosperity, and civilization in general. It is a destructive system of inequality and prejudice that is founded on deception and has no place in the modern world.

liberals want more rules set by the government and less ability for individuals to decide things for themselves.

That’s the way it is, those are accurate descriptions.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
For thousands of years, conservatism was universally understood as being in opposition to democracy. Having lost much of its ability to attack democracy openly, conservatism has tried in recent years to redefine the word "democracy" while engaging in deception to make the substance of democracy unthinkable.

Almost all of the early immigrants to America left behind societies that had been oppressed by conservatism. The democratic culture that Americans have built is truly one of the monuments of civilization. And American culture remains vibrant to this day despite centuries of conservative attack.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin