View Single Post
Old 09-17-2004, 08:59 AM   #22
reelecstasy
Boston Anglah

Location: Sitting on top of the world with my legs hangin free
John, that was a great thread..Lots of good tips...I have had some luck keepin them alive for a few weeks with verylittle maint. I have a "shinner bucket" I throw a layer of seaweed in it along with those slimmy suckers,no water, it just gets toooooo slimmy and they drown in no time. I keep it in my fridge-my bait/beer fridge..They get nice and sllooooowwww. (the beer fridge is chilly)
and then when I head out fishin I put them in a small cooler, like the little igloo sixpack ones..I put a bottle of water that I keep in my freezer and it seems to last the night/morning for me. Again I don't put water, just a likkle weed-moist. The bottle sweats as it melts and keeps everything a little damp. From stayin in the fridge and then sorta on ice the eels are all doped up, and don't seem to wake till they have hit the water a few times and by then they are just squirmin, but unable to swing their tails over their heads to tie a lovely eel know. Just have to always remember after hookin them, line and rod tip have to stay above the eel, never any slack. If they get slack, they be tiein themselves up. Then you might as well cut your line and start again, and who wants to grap thoose suckas more than they have too....

Used hard and put away dirty....
reelecstasy is offline   Reply With Quote