View Single Post
Old 02-04-2009, 11:05 AM   #10
EarnedStripes44

In his defense, he did admit he screwed up. How much should one shame someone who has expressed regret and wants to facilitate redress.

All this talk of infallibility and whistles, none of us are perfect. It is indeed troubling what people can hide but to what end does this corrode those dynamics that lie entirely outside the scope of the issue. Quite frankly, I was more concerned with the ethics behind Daschle's coziness with several health insurance companies and why he is getting the free limo service in the first place. What favors does that entail. Its the culture that frightens me, and washington's poisoned culture of influence peddling knows no partisan boundaries. There are things Obama and Daschle did not see eye to eye on, and he wanted to show the health insurance lobby that he is willing to compromise. Well Daschle did not work out, he expressed regret, so I think the natural progressive nature of things is to move on. To say this is just a sign of the next 4 years comes off as a bit abortive. Obama has done some things in the past 3 weeks that should have been done years ago. This is another classic case of the news providing us with a story with far more bark than bite.