View Single Post
Old 05-01-2008, 11:55 AM   #27
OnTheLedge

Manifesto?

Every once in a while something draws me out of my Lurkdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
that should grab...

OK, so this gets thrown around a lot, many lefties whine that they're unfairly labled when they do stupid stuff that undermines their own country...go figure

I'll go first, but I should clarify the fact that I have no issue with anyone of any race, creed, color or belief or previous residence somewhere else in the solar system that comes to the good ole' USA through our generous "legal" channels and creates a life for themselves and their future generations abiding by our laws and traditions. I believe that while we are a society of vast differences individually, what binds us is and adherence and belief in the principles that were discussed in the Federalist papers, put down in our Constitution and reinforced in the Bill of Rights, these guiding principles establish rights and responsibilities of individuals and more importantly limit the role of government over individuals, I do not believe that these are living and breathing documents, they are the pillars of our society structure meant to stand the test of time and tinkering by those intending to erode their importance.

For me it's simple..black and white some would say, I consider anyone who demonstrates a political ideaology that more closely resembles Marx and Mao than that of Madison and Adams to be at their core Unpatriotic and Anti-American, might be a little controversial for some, but hey, we're just talkin', right? The two just simply just can't co-exist and the former has been an utter failure everywhere it's been tried and the latter has resulted in great progress and unparalleled advancement for the entire globe...I know that's fogotten a lot....but it's true...

one of our two predominant parties is run and funded by folks that would love to shove Marxism down our throats and fundamentally change this country, they'd prefer to rip up our founding documents and create their own new and improved version of the Communist Manifesto, this time it will work because it will be better funded and smarter, more "ENLIGHTENED" folks will be implementing it ..and I'm tired of the smug looks and arrogant comments from those that continually subvert this nation, from the politicians that swear to uphold the laws of their respective states and country and then attack those that operate in that capacity(Ted Kennedy, John Kerry), governors that refuse to obey federal laws and declare "sanctuary cities" and operate their cities like their own little social experiment, American citizens that trave abroad and use their status to trash their own country and prop up thugs that seek out demise...

so where do you draw the line....it will be drawn in this election
Everything he said is

You post reads an awful lot like a manifesto. But it lacks any facts, substantiated claims, real ideas or solutions.

Quote:
that should grab...

what binds us is and adherence and belief in the principles that were discussed in the Federalist papers, put down in our Constitution and reinforced in the Bill of Rights, these guiding principles establish rights and responsibilities of individuals and more importantly limit the role of government over individuals, I do not believe that these are living and breathing documents, they are the pillars of our society structure meant to stand the test of time and tinkering by those intending to erode their importance.
So the Constitution should never be changed? Then you would have opposed Amendment XIII Ending Slavery? Amendment XIX Womens’ Suffrage? Amendment XXI Ending Prohibition? Do you consider these amendments mere “tinkering”?

Quote:
I consider anyone who demonstrates a political ideaology that more closely resembles Marx and Mao than that of Madison and Adams to be at their core Unpatriotic and Anti-American
To what political ideology which is espoused by whom are you referring? I’m not aware of any candidate that wants to abolish capitalism as Marx would have. Can you show me where you read that? Can you show me some evidence? A quote? Even a misquote?

Quote:
one of our two predominant parties is run and funded by folks that would love to shove Marxism down our throats and fundamentally change this country, they'd prefer to rip up our founding documents and create their own new and improved version
Surely you would not approve of a government that would establish secret prisons where they engage in torture and then lie that they even exist. That sounds like Stalin. Are you a fan of Stalin? Last I checked there was something in the Constitution about the right to a trial….and a ban on cruel and unusual punishment? Are those human rights or just American rights?

Quote:
I'm tired of the smug looks and arrogant comments from those that continually subvert this nation, from the politicians that swear to uphold the laws of their respective states and country and then attack those that operate in that capacity(Ted Kennedy, John Kerry),
When have Kennedy and Kerry attacked those who defend us? Again, cite some evidence please. I thought you were referring to the Bush Administration which exposed a CIA operative (defender of the U.S.), risking her life for their own political gain.

Quote:
…governors that refuse to obey federal laws and declare "sanctuary cities" and operate their cities like their own little social experiment,
I agree. Immigration policy and enforcement is a function of the federal government. So I’m sure you opposed the Gov. of RI who asked State and local police departments to investigate matters involving immigration. (The Prov. Police chief refused). Or do you agree with Gov. Carcieri’s “own little social experiment” which circumvents the federal government's authority set forth the Constitution?

Quote:
OK, so this gets thrown around a lot, many lefties whine that they're unfairly labled when they do stupid stuff that undermines their own country...
You haven’t listed any specific “stupid stuff” or who has done it and when. Yet somehow it is a mystery to you that people would “whine” that they are unfairly labeled. Should we enjoy being unfairly labeled? Your entire post was all label and no fact!

Quote:
For me it's simple..black and white ...
I agree. Your unsubstantiated opinions are indeed simple-minded.