Thread: Fall Run?
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2020, 03:16 PM   #9
bloocrab
Callinectes sapidus

There's a surf-lunker or 2 out there..........somewhere, at least any hope I have forces me to believe that.
For the guy who doesn't go to catch, but goes for the simplicity or rather serenity of fishing...that fish is lurking in the shadows, slowing perusing each crevice of each boulder field...not rushing its' search as the water is still warm enough and it knows it still has time. It just inhaled a small sea-bass....there's no short of those out there.
The missing ingredient for most is patience. Being accustomed to finding fish or somewhat knowing their haunts and predictability...patience is in short order. (Myself included).
With the lack of fish and lack of patience...it's easy to surrender. As saddened as the absence of the Stry-ped-one has left me, I'm thankful for the other species that have somewhat filled that void.

Fall Run?, let's get real here . .... they don't exist anymore and haven't for quite some time. My definition of a "Fall Run" are large masses of fish moving together with one purpose...not a few fish here and there or a push of fish that got noticed passing thru the canal...
Those large bodies of fish that used to patrol the shoreline, close enough that no water-craft was needed are much smaller now, so much so, that they make it by unnoticed. Sure, the boats fishing BI, RP, FI etc...may not notice it as much yet, but those stuck aground are the first to experience the reality of our current situation.

With that being said, I'm not going to turn into one of those nay-sayers...if I catch, I catch...if I don't, I'll savor what little time life allows me to wet a line.

...it finally happened, there are no more secret spots
bloocrab is offline   Reply With Quote