Thread: GOP punishment
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2021, 12:23 PM   #18
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
My god you guys are priceless.

Chuck Schumer also said this, directed at the supreme court...this is an exact quote, from the man you say is the model for bipartisan civility.

"I want to tell you, Gorsuch. I want to tell you, Kavanaugh. You have released the whirlwind and you will pay the price. You won't know what hit you if you go forward with these awful decisions."

No one who says those words, gets to stand on the moral high ground and demand civility. Yet you hold him up as the model for how we should behave?

Bush and McCain were gentleman who didn't constantly come out with low blows. And did that incentivized the left to treat them with some respect?

Bush was a Nazi who hated blacks (despit doing more for Africa than any human being who has ever lived). McCain, who told supporters that Obama was a good man and that "we have nothing to fear if he's elected president" was described a senile old racist. Same with Romney, who ws a gentleman yet was portrayed a s heartless plutocrat who hates women.

GS, on almost every single issue, the left claims the conservative position is based on hate.

If you are pro-life, you hate women.
If you are for fiscal soundness, you hate poor people,
If you are for traditional marriage, you hate gays (exception for Hilary and Obama, who stated that marriage was between a man and woman, and it was OK when they said that)
If you think jihadists need to be dealt with, you're an Islamaphobe.
If you want a secure border, you're a xenophobe.

Consider the last few Democrats presidential candidates.

Hilary - half of Republicans are deplorable and irredeemable. Think about what she's saying there. That was a scripted line, think about what those words mean.

Obama - Republicans just hate all the time (it can't be that they could ever have had a valid criticism of him...it's just that we are deranged with hate. The world is divided into 2 kinds of people, those who love Obama, and racist hatemongers)

Biden - Republicans want to put blacks back in chains.

I'm not saying the right doesn't do this. But it's absurd to suggest the left doesn't do it all the time. Have you ever watched CNN or MSNBC? Ever?
I guess you missed my question, show me the current response from Kevin or anyone on the right, whataboutism wasn't what I was asking for; but you are the king of whataboutism so it's expected.