View Single Post
Old 06-13-2010, 09:09 PM   #1
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Anyone ever heard this before

I know Swimmer is a police officer so maybe he and others can chime in on this.

Yesterday late in the day after I finished a full day charter I had to run down to the Cape (Dennis) to pick up something.
On the way back up rt 6 from exit 9 I'm going along in my truck in the left lane. I'm doing 55 or just a bit over (keeping up with the rest of traffic.
After a while I notice a state trooper behind me.
I just kept going at the speed limit. The cop is behind me for quite a while and I thought he wanted me out of his way so I put on my r signal and moved over to the right of the 2 lane rd.
After a few minutes the cop changes lanes and is behind me again.
About a mile later he throws the blue lights on and pulls me over.
He comes up to my drivers door and I politely say hi, is there a problem>
He says.
"Do you know it's against the law to travel in the left (high speed) lane unless you are passing someone"
I look at him and think, Is this guy serious ???
I didn't know if to laugh at him or to call him nuts, but I just kept quiet, not trying to talk myself into a ticket, and told him " I never heard that before !
Next the cop sees I have a large (150 qt) cooler & a livewell barrel in the back of my truck and he asks if I've got any illegal stripers in them.
I tell him no and tell him I charter (as I know he he knew from the advertising decals on my tailgate. The coolers is for bringing ice to the boat and I was on my way to sell the livewell barrel.
The guy asks for my lic only (no registration) looks at it for a sec and sends me on my way.
So back to my point, anyone ever heard this that it's "illegal to travel in the left lane ?

LETS GO BRANDON
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote