View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 11:51 AM   #10
Jackbass
Land OF Forgotten Toys

Good info I have always felt all the other tours of been lacking in there jerry department.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
Last Night
03/08/11 (Tue) Oakdale Theatre - Wallingford, CT
Set 1: Mississippi Half-Step > Easy Wind, Operator, Oh! Darling (1), Reuben and Cherise, Dark Hollow, Money for Gasoline, Foolish Heart

Set 2: Jam > Hard to Handle, Smokestack Lightning > Spoonful > He's Gone (2) > Lovelight > Scarlet Begonias > Fire on the Mountain, Days Between > Eyes of the World > Sugar Magnolia E: Johnny B. Goode

I enjoyed the show. First set was really tight and the MHS--> Easy wind was outstanding. Set 1 was pretty short. Set 2 I was less into, although one of my friends liked it better. For Me, hard to handle into smokestack was too much Bobby. I felt this way most of the 2nd set. He's gone was great. Lovelight was better than I had anticipated and scarlet-->fire couldn't have been better. Eyes was decent with a good keys feature, but Phil's singing wasn't great. Sugar mag was also only ok for me. Too much bobby talk singing, and by that point the Hurley-from-lost and his girl friend back up singers were driving me nuts with the fist pumping and stuff. Sugar mag also had a bit of a gospel choir feel to me, which I again attribute to back up singers, although I think it was mostly there was too much of them in the mix. Left early to beat notorius oakdale traffic jam when J-b-good started. All that said, overall a very good show and way better than most Phil, Ratdog, Furthur etc from the past. Fake Jerry is worth seeing and I actually thought the show with him was less of a cover band feel than past shows w/out him. If you have not seen a show in awhile, you will be presently surprised. This band has really got it together as well as one could hope.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

I am the man in the Bassless Chaps
Jackbass is offline   Reply With Quote