View Single Post
Old 11-16-2017, 10:29 AM   #4
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppet View Post
On a hot summer day..those giant fans are nice to cool things down.

Hahahaha.

Quote:
My only real comment is that they pollute the natural landscape. Like, where i once stared into a wild natural abyss and pondered my place in my natural environment...i now have 5 giant reminders of how Man is overcoming this planet. The open ocean view is forever ruined.
I don't think they pollute it because they are working to protect it in a small way.

I am always amazed by the extreme and political environmentalists that say we need to do all of these different things then balk when it comes to offshore wind. Or yet balk when the much maligned orange bull frog of Western Sri Lanka is attracted to solar arrays and cooks. Some people are incapable of being satisfied.

I do not see them as an eyesore but as a well intention-ed device that is capturing necessary energy in a reasonable and responsible manner - in fact there should be more (particularly visible from the Kennedy Compound).

There are opportunities where solar and wind make great sense and that deployment should be encouraged.

Quote:
I do play an odd mind trick while i am out there with my beedie eyes in the dark. I imagine the turbines to be 5 tall surfcasters into a good bite. Seems like every two seconds they turn on their headlamps to unhook a fish.

The cartoon illusion worked better when then light interval was unsynced. Now i think most of them are synced up with only one slighly out of tempo.

Deep thoughts by jack handy....
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
When you see them come of of fog they look like from War of the Worlds ; )

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote