View Single Post
Old 06-27-2022, 09:59 AM   #111
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
U.S. Supreme Court on Monday expanded the religious rights of government employees by ruling in favor of a Christian former public high school football coach in Washington state who sued after being suspended from his job for refusing to stop leading prayers with players on the field after games.

Yep omg the rights outraged if you protest in front of their SJC justices but cheer this ruling guess liberals just need to call it a praying not a protest

Claiming it’s a violation of his. free speech.. yep another religious ruling not a free speech ruling . He’s speech wasn’t stopped . He wasn’t stopped praying it was were he chose to speak and part and in the capacity of that speech that was at issue …

Yep the religious lawsuit flood gate blasted wide open the message has been sent You have a friend in me

One of the foundational religious establishment cases dates to 1971's Lemon v Kurtzman, which held that laws must have a "secular legislative purpose" and set up a three-part test to determine whether they survived constitutional muster.
The increasingly conservative court has largely abandoned this "Lemon test"

Wow this court is going to war with their predecessors ruling’s
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
you’re saying free speech can never be applied to a religious situation?

free speech isnt infinite. there’s a federal
law that prohibits protesting. front of judges homes,, and an obvious reason for it. Our system does t work if judges decide cases based on threats to their family. It’s not rocket science.

unless there’s evidence that the coach was compelling students to participate, then he can’t be punished for praying there. pretty simple.

who cares if he chooses to pray there, as long as no one is forced to participate.

The left is having a rough week with this court.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by Jim in CT; 06-27-2022 at 10:17 AM..