View Single Post
Old 02-20-2020, 10:46 AM   #2
detbuch

So Trump didn't lie and your drip drip is just another dry faucet.

From Yahoo News Michaeil Isikoff today:

A lawyer for Assange in London on Wednesday cited the pardon offer from Rohrabacher during a court hearing on the U.S. government’s request to extradite the WikiLeaks founder.

White House Press Secretary Stephanie Grisham immediately denounced the claim about a pardon discussion with Assange as a “complete fabrication” and that the president “barely knows Dana Rohrabacher” and has “never spoken to him on this subject or almost any subject.”

Rohrabacher said not only did talk of a Trump pardon take place during his meeting, but he followed up by calling then-White House Chief of Staff John Kelly to discuss the proposal. He did not, however, ever speak to Trump about it, he said.

“I spoke to Julian Assange and told him if he would provide evidence about who gave WikiLeaks the emails I would petition the president to give him a pardon,” Rohrabacher said. “He knew I could get to the president.”

When he spoke to Kelly, the then-chief of staff was “courteous” but made no commitment that he would even raise the matter directly with the president. “He knew this had to be handled with care,” Rohrabacher said, and that it could be spun by the news media in ways that would be “harmful” to the president. In fact, Rohrabacher said he never heard anything further from Kelly about the matter nor did he ever discuss the subject directly with Trump.

Rohrabacher also emphasized in the interview that he only wanted “truthful” information from Assange and never suggested that he “lie.”