View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 10:25 PM   #32
sokinwet

I think there's a lot more agreement on this issue than most we...discuss...maybe a little arguement for arguements sake! Although the percentages might be a little off...there's more than a 10% stupidity factor on anything...I agree with Fishbones & RIJimmy here. Many people make decisions without any thought of long term implications and I have no sympathy for them. I bought my house in 82 and moved in at the same time as my neighbors. Three 2nd mortgages later to pay for a family room, a few vacations, couple of cars , etc. they are in danger of losing their house and have a $250K outstanding balance...my mortgage is paid. I drove a beater Jimmy and put my son through college..their daughter is struggling to put herself through school with limited help. She's a bright girl and I feel bad that her parents screwed up but I don't feel compelled to pay her tuition either! Risk vs. reward is a difficult concept for some to grasp and some people will always make the wrong decision...but the devil sitting on their shoulder telling them that everything will be OK needs a kick in the ass too.