View Single Post
Old 09-28-2020, 02:11 PM   #24
Pete F.
Canceled

I saw who Trump is and didn’t buy in

“Are you better off today than you were four years ago?”

That’s the famous question that everyone remembers. But it wasn’t the only question Reagan posed during that campaign. In his election eve address to the nation, Reagan also asked the following:

Is our nation stronger and more capable of leading the world toward peace and freedom, or is it weaker?
Is there more stability in the world, or less?
Are you convinced that we have earned the respect of the world and our allies, or has America’s position across the globe diminished?
Are you personally more secure in your life? Is your family more secure?
Is America safer in the world?
I would add one more: Does America under Trump’s leadership bring us closer to—or further from—that “shining city upon a hill” of which Reagan often spoke?

He described it thusly:

…a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here.
The answers are obvious.

As unappealing as it might be to Reagan to vote for a Democrat, he was an American and patriot first. Nothing was more important to him than the well-being of our country.

So what would the Gipper do? Reagan would be ridin’ with Biden.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device