View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 03:30 AM   #27
empirekitchen
snappacatcha

Yes thats it and if you google earth it , we are at 407 makara road above the first a of te Ikaamaru Bay , theres a fire going , man its freezing ( figuratively ) it about 9 c but the winds doing 120 gusting 140 km/hr , the house is shaking ! The weather is that CRAP that I worked in the joinery shop all day today , and I have not done a saturday for at least 5 yrs except just before xmas . Do you guys have that problem too or is it just the disorganised Kiwis ?? Leave everything to thew last minute , and then %$%$%$%$E we need to get the kitchen renovated ... Like man youve had all year to get it sorted . This year was really bad for the last minute ordering . Anyway no fishing till at least wednesday . If you google" Makara Wellington " the first hit is some photos from a bloke Robert Catto , open the photos , look at the second to last R00123620, you will see on the shoreline on the far side of the bay some baches (like basic houses , no power phone tv (we are the only ones with a flushing toilet !!) Ours is the second little white dot from left . There are 8 in the left cluster and 4 in the next lot to the right . Very private , sea is 20 yards from the bach door !! The key is yours , when are you coming over !! Even give you a 12 footer with a 9.9 johnnie so you dont have to row too much! Hows that for a bit of kiwi hospitality . The bach is at 41deg 12'42.10"S 174deg 43'06.30"E and the boat shed is the one with the rusty roof between the bach and the water , that reminds me , needs a new roof ... Hmm another non fishing related job .. Next week !! Any way where are you Raven ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 11986289.jpg (50.9 KB, 5 views)
empirekitchen is offline   Reply With Quote