View Single Post
Old 12-05-2022, 11:36 AM   #46
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Donald Trump calls for “termination” of US Constitution. This man is preferred by most Republicans as their 2024 presidential choice.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
True, polls say that. Desantis hasn't declared, they haven't debated. In a one-on-one primary, Desantis would have a great chance. The problem (like in 2016) is that you'll have 10 republicans running against trump, splitting the non-Trump vote.

Trump is an unbelievable jerk. But at the same time, Americans know the country was better off in 2020 than it is today. You are too bonkers to concede that.

If the GOP can nominate someone who will advocate for similar policies to Trump's, but do so like more of an adult (and that's a huge 'if'), such a person would be very tough for any of the democrat front-runners to beat. Based on where we are today, the only democrat I wouldn't bet that Desantis would beat, is Michelle Obama. She's un-beatable in my opinion

That's the difference between me and you. I hate Michelle Obama like you hate all Republicans. But that doesn't mean I'm not rational enough to concede conclusions which I don't happen to like. I do that all the time. On your side, Paul is the only one capable of it. You, Spence, Wayne, GS...to you guys, the left has never been wrong, and everyone on the right is a Sith Lord.