View Single Post
Old 05-07-2014, 03:06 PM   #101
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
How many time have you brought that up and yet you aren't concerned with either the lie (or the bungling stupidity) that got us into the Iraq war that caused over 4,500 soldiers death? Does the word justice ever come up in regards to this issue? Don't the families of the soldiers deserve to know?

How many embassies where attacked during the Bush admin?

So let's have more hearings. We don't have the truth yet bc the Reps aren't satisfied and think there is a conspiracy that they'll soon uncover.
"you aren't concerned with either the lie (or the bungling stupidity) that got us into the Iraq war that caused over 4,500 soldiers death?"

If it was a lie or stupidity, then the list of liars and idiots includes Hilary Clinton (also Senators Biden, Edwards, Boxer, Reid, Schumer, Feinstein, all thos eneocons!), who voted to invade Iraq and who said that Iraq had WMDs. Paul, I was there, so it impacted me more than I bet it did you. But a lot of smart, decent people reached the same conclusion. Husseain signed a treaty ending the first war, and one of the terms wa sthat he give inspectors access. He kept kicking them out. What do you do in that case? Nothing?

"Don't the families of the soldiers deserve to know? "

Know WHAT? The vast majority of professional intelligence analysts reached th esame conclusion. It turned out to be wrong. That doesn't make thos epeople evil. Intelligence, unfortunately, is not an exact science.

"How many embassies where attacked during the Bush admin?"

In how many cases did the ambassador ask for more security and get denied? In how many cases did Bush cover up what happened? I don't blame a President for every bad thing that hapens, you can't control everything. But there's evidence here of some incompetence and dishonesty. I'm sorry if that gets you worked up.

"So let's have more hearings"

Yes, let's. If they don't shed light on anything new, we can at least deny the right-wing nuts the ability to say that Obama wasn't forthcoming.