View Single Post
Old 12-07-2018, 05:52 PM   #15
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
I'm invested at a low risk level being retired, but even so, my losses in just over a year now are approaching 8%. Not sure I agree the market is doing well this year, it's actually the reverse in a single calendar year. I don't mess with my investment company's plans as being in good health, with no real need for large cash withdrawals in the near future, I have no choice but to stay the course. Knowing where I was invested in the market when I was younger and working, I know I'd be taking a big arse beating this year.
I was referring to the economic market, not the stock market. Many believe the stock market was overpriced and due to come down. The dynamics have reversed. The good economic market invites investment in business that was not as attractive in a stale economy where most big money investment went to stocks instead of business.

I think, unless we go back to higher business taxes and regulations, things will keep looking good and even out to a secure position that helps your investment future. At least, for your sake, I hope so.

And if the Repubs can get the strictly middle class cut in taxes that they're proposing, it may get even better.

Last edited by detbuch; 12-07-2018 at 05:58 PM..