View Single Post
Old 12-08-2018, 08:22 AM   #18
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
got stripers, obama
also had days when the market was down. judge him
on how the market does over his whole presidency, maybe? although when it was up you did point that out so you’re fair that way. Some guy at J.p. morgan said the pe ration for the sp500 is low
and that he thinks the market is irrationally low. if that’s true, and that’s a pretty big if, it’s a buying opportunity. also from what i understand the tariffs are hurtingbthe chinese market far worse, so if they agree to favorable terms ( also a big if) it could be a win for him.

the economy is healthy, and the market has done well
since he’s been in office, hasn’t it? we may end 2018 with annual
gdp growth over 3 percent, i think 2005 was the last time thatbhappened.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Judging him year by year as I'm sure most are. Year one was an extension of an already strong economy and of course Trump took all the credit for the market while it was making all those gains. At the end of this year I have less money in my retirement account, then I had when he took office and as expected Trump is silent on the market as it reacts to the trade war, the fed and possibly a slowing economy. Not arguing that the GDP is up, I think it certainly is debatable if Trump and his administration is responsible; again this is still an extension of what he inherited. Not saying some moves he made helped it continue, but those moves also put most of that wealth right back into the corporations and upper 1-2 percent. If he makes it to year 4, I guess we can review and debate his impact on my retirement account and the economy as a whole.