View Single Post
Old 12-08-2018, 10:07 AM   #19
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Judging him year by year as I'm sure most are. Year one was an extension of an already strong economy and of course Trump took all the credit for the market while it was making all those gains. At the end of this year I have less money in my retirement account, then I had when he took office and as expected Trump is silent on the market as it reacts to the trade war, the fed and possibly a slowing economy. Not arguing that the GDP is up, I think it certainly is debatable if Trump and his administration is responsible; again this is still an extension of what he inherited. Not saying some moves he made helped it continue, but those moves also put most of that wealth right back into the corporations and upper 1-2 percent. If he makes it to year 4, I guess we can review and debate his impact on my retirement account and the economy as a whole.
year one also benefited from the regulations that were eliminated, and from the confidence that wall street had a real ally. obamas
momentum was part of it, but trump helped it. let’s be honest and fair.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

if you have less $$ now then you had in january 2017, you’re doing something wrong and that’s not his fault.