View Single Post
Old 12-08-2018, 10:46 AM   #20
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
year one also benefited from the regulations that were eliminated, and from the confidence that wall street had a real ally. obamas
momentum was part of it, but trump helped it. let’s be honest and fair.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

if you have less $$ now then you had in january 2017, you’re doing something wrong and that’s not his fault.
The gains I made in 2017 are gone due to what has happened in the market in 2018 and I don't monkey with what Fidelity is doing with my accounts; I don't have that kind of market knowledge to trust myself with trading. Going back to a balance I had when he took office is all the proof I need to give him a failing mark thus far, you can judge him however you like.

Two years in and he has had one legislation passed and that tax cut profited the rich for the most part; yeah short terms for some but stay tuned.

Not sure the environment is going to keep winning with some of the moves he's made that impact it, so I'm giving him a failing mark there as well.

I'd agree China needed to be addressed, but I'm not sure the all out trade war is the best approach, I'm holding out on my judgement on that one.

I have to give him a good mark for getting NK to the table, but it doesn't appear to have gone anywhere from there.

Jobs, sure he's helped, but again when you have a economy (large ocean going box ship) going in one direction, it goes that way for a long, long time. Economy changes aren't done on a dime, they evolve over years.

Immigration, well that's his campaigning platform and he is still looking for his wall. Not arguing that our borders needed to be tighter, but the way he goes about it is wrong, or you wouldn't keep getting judges ruling against him. He fails IMHO, as this needed to be a partisan approach from the beginning, otherwise nothing substantial will come of it.

Hard to put forth good legislation and changes that are positive for everyone, when you can barely keep the "good" people today long enough; he gets an F for civility and good judgement on hires and fires. Look at the comments made recently about Rex, dumb as a rock and lazy, he turned from smart and sharp to dumb as a rock in a year really. An F isn't a low enough grade to give him on civility and respect for his peers.

Have you been reading or getting the filings released and not just the spin Fox News is putting on them? I don't think it's looking too good for the Trump family when all is reveled. I love it that Fox and Trump are echo's of one another, claiming it proves no collusion is so laughable. Even some that wasn't redacted seems to indicate a coordinated effort by all in the campaign staff to get their stories straight on dealings with the Russians and now the Trump family business ventures in Russia are part of the equation. I'd bet my life on him not running in 2020 and I'm not sure he will even reach that far before the other shoe drops.