View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 09:45 PM   #28
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

But please, don't cry foul when someone wants to engineer our society, because people have been doing it for the last 200 years.

-spence
Depends on what you mean by engineering our society and who is engineering it. As long as it continues with free enterprise and our current constittuion i'm all for it.

That's why we vote to decide what we need, or don't need, and who's going to do the engineering.

My vote, as yours, will depend on what i think needs fixing and who is qualified to fix it.

Politicians depend on our poor memories of their pasts and the same old same old slogans like, "it takes a village" or "no child left behind",
who knows what they will name the next ones, as a guise to make us think they are inovative and have a plan that works.

Just mho, but right now i don't see anybody on the horizon that i think has what it takes to turn our country around. We may have already gone too far to fix. Infrastucture, drugs or whatever.

It took Rome 1000 years to fall, but after 200 years we seem to be on the fast track. However, hope springs eternal.

But whata i know, i'm just a lil' old country boy.

" Choose Life "