View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 06:47 PM   #24
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

rONNIE rONNIE rONIE

It is illegal on a two-lane to drive in the passing lane without passing. For him to be behind you for so long he must have been bored. One thing people don't realize is that on some three lane roads, insert Mass. pike here, a truck with a GVWR of 5000 lbs. or more, it is illegal for a truck that size or larger to be in the third lane at any time. I have only heard of one trooper who gaves tickets for this offense and that was on the pike. He thought it was funny I didn't.

Ronnie he had run your plate an new everything about you before he pulled you over. Sounds like he was looking for something to do.

Like some of the guys mentioned passing on the right is dangerous but legal on all divided highways. Grass medians, jersey barriers, any type of permanent structure that divies a highway you can pass on the right.

On all other roads you are only allowed to pass on the right when someone is taking a left hand turn or about to take a left hand turn.

It does cause road rage to have someone stuck out there in that lane. It doesn't make any difference how fast you are going there is always some %$%$%$%$%$%$%$ looking to get by. Even my brother, he would drive 90 in the GD fishing focus and we would get passed. Most of the time by some guy in a 20 year old black f-250 with surfcasting rods in the back heading to the cape.

Chapter 89-sec. 2
... lines of moving vehicles, overtake and pass upon the right of another vehicle when
the vehicle overtaken is (a) making or about to make a left turn, (b) upon a ... 5k - Cached

Last edited by Swimmer; 06-18-2010 at 01:42 PM..

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote